Electrical emergency in Montreal with CM Électrique
We offer an emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us any time of day and your call will be automatically redirected to an electrician who will listen to you and, if necessary, be ready to travel quickly to respond to your emergency. For a residential, commercial or industrial electrical emergency; CM Électrique is there to help you.
Need an electrician for an emergency?
Call us now at 514 799-9750!
Our emergency service in the Greater Montreal area
CM Électrique electricians are called upon to perform a wide range of repairs and breakdown services in all sorts of properties as well as in commercial installations such as restaurants, offices, stores, etc.
If you have a power outage or an emergency that is causing you trouble, we will be there quickly to help you.
Our experienced and qualified team acts promptly during an electrical emergency. When we arrive at the location, we begin a thorough inspection to identify the real problem. And then perform the necessary work to quickly resolve the problem and potential hazards. All this is done while respecting the safety rules and in the best conditions to complete the work quickly.
We regularly deal with several types of emergencies, here are some examples:
- Power interruption – short circuit. This is normally created by an outdated or damaged electrical system. If there is a short circuit, the system may stop working altogether or cause significant damage. We have the expertise to quickly identify and correct the problem.
- Power failure
- Power outage or voltage drop.
- Breakdown or malfunction of electrical systems (heating, air-conditioning, etc.) If the place requires temperature control, we must act quickly. This is why the emergency electrician service will be called for the repair of a heating or air conditioning unit.
- Problem with the water-heater. In partnership with an experienced plumber, we will do the necessary work and verifications since a problem with a water-heater can be very damaging and cause significant water damage.
- Major malfunction of the electrical system
- Electrical problems caused by natural phenomenon.
What to do in case of a power outage?
Some advice to follow in case of a power outage
- Electrical appliances that produce cold (refrigerator, freezer) lose their cold quickly if you open their door during a power outage, especially in the summer when it is very hot. Since it is impossible to know in advance how long a power outage will last, it is advisable to avoid opening the doors as much as possible to reduce the risk of food loss.
- When the power comes back on, it is possible that a voltage surge will cause damage to electrical appliances. That is why it is recommended that in the event of a power failure, immediately turn down the heating or air conditioning to its lowest setting and cut off the power supply to electrical and electronic appliances.
- Never use an indoor cooking device designed for outdoor use (e.g., propane barbecue).
- Keep an indoor light on so you know when the power is back on.